A study of the world most successful Entrepreneurs revealed a lot about their habits that put them on the road to greatness and achievements. Entrepreneurs are often considered to be people with an extra ordinary charisma; however, the truth is that, they are just like everyone else.
“I have no special talents, I am only passionately curious” – Albert Einstein.
What made them different is only in what they do. These set of people have succeeded in engaging themselves constantly in those habits that focuses them on achieving results, no matter how small. The good news is that anyone can cultivate these habits, to climb the ladder of success.
1. THEY KEEP A TO-DO LIST. Entrepreneurs are among the busiest people in the world. They are expected to be everywhere and do everything at the same time, from keeping their business on the balance, to initiating new ones, to managing the employees, to keeping in direct touch with the customers, following investors, pursuing debtors, being a responsible family person. You might be wondering how difficult it is for an entrepreneur to coordinate all these successfully. To them, it is not as difficult as you might see it, not when they have their TO-DO-LIST handy. “Personally, with my To-Do-List, I don’t have to worry about distractions, because I already have my priorities and when to do them”.
2. THEY WAKE UP EARLY. Successful Entrepreneurs are early risers; this helps them to get their day underway before everyone else. Waking up early puts you in a relaxed mood, because you will get things done without having to rush through them before officially starting your day. Successful Entrepreneurs know this and they adopt it as a habit.
3. THEY MEDITATE. Successful Entrepreneurs have made daily meditation a ritual they observe religiously. Meditation is very important to keep you in tune with yourself and what you truly want and keeps you focused with new inspirations. Entrepreneurs keep their every pieces of thought together through meditating on them. “The noise in the environment is always too loud and overwhelming if not properly handled, and I have found the best way to take care of my soul not leaving my body in meditation”.
4. THEY SET GOALS AND FOCUS ON RESULTS. Setting goal is a different thing and focusing on result is another one. Setting a goal without focusing on the result is typically being busy just like everyone else. Successful Entrepreneurs know what they want to achieve and they focus on it. Merely doing anything to get by is not their method; they have a strategy and a deadline. They realize that when you focus on results, not everything you get is good enough.
5. THEY NETWORK. Networking is a sure way to leverage yourself and what you are offering. It is a cost effective way to become successful. Successful Entrepreneurs know this and they’ve mastered the art of networking. Attending social events, cocktail parties, Anniversaries, trade fairs and exhibitions, auctions and other networking events has become a great part of their lifestyle. They know who is new in town and who is doing what in every sector. Taking advantage of your networks puts you on the limelight and that is what Successful Entrepreneurs do.
6. THEY MANAGE THEIR MONEY. Financial management is a strong habit of every successful Entrepreneur. They go through their financial statements line by line, very detailed about their cash inflow and outflow. It’s a general opinion that entrepreneurs are stingy lots; however, it might surprise you to know that they are the biggest spenders, only that they spend more on assets. Financial management is a habit successful entrepreneurs can’t do without.
Starting a business or becoming an entrepreneur is the wise thing to do now that companies are laying off their staff. Why wait until you are sacked? You can start packaging enyour idea while still working for that firm. Now, what’s stopping you?