GTBank is a leader in banking technology and this time, a never-seen-before banking function have been introduced to the Nigeria banking sector. The *737* transfer service is another novel offering pioneered by GTBank.
You can now transfer money from your GTBank account to either GTBank account or other banks by simply dialing a short USSD code (*737*) via your registered phone number.
This feature was built on the initial GTB One-Click Top-Up which is used in Purchasing Airtime With the Short Code *737*AMOUNT# directly from your account balance.
How to Transfer Fund to Other GTBank Accounts
To transfer fund to any other GTB account beneficiaries, follow the steps below;
1. On your mobile phone, dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account Number#. For example, if the NUBAN account number you want to send the money to is 0117445531 and you intend sending N5,000, then you will dial: *737*1*5000*0117445531#
2. Then press the Send button
3. On the next screen, you will then be prompted to enter the last 4-digit of your Naira MasterCard number. Your card’s number is the 16-digit number at the front of your ATM card. Just pick the last 4 digits.
Also on this screen you should be able to see the name of the account holder. Always check if this is correct before proceeding.
4. Press Send and you should see a successful message.
5. Wait for the next few minutes (less than 10 minutes) and your beneficiary will receive the transferred fund.
NOTE 1: NUBAN Account Number is the new 10-digit number which replaces the old account number which was more than 10 digits. If the account number you’re sending to is 10 digits, then it’s a NUBAN account number.
NOTE 2: GTBank will charge you N20 for this transaction (as at the time of writing this). If you don’t want any transaction charge while transferring money between GTBank accounts, then you should consider using the GTBank Internet Banking Fund Transfer.
How to Transfer Money to Other Bank Accounts
Interestingly, GTBank makes banking easier for it customers by making this feature available for those who want to send money to other banks. To transfer fund to other banks in Nigeria using the short USSD code, follow the steps below;
1. Dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account Number#. For example, if the NUBAN account number you want to send the money to is 2080133827 and you intend sending N5,000, then you will dial: *737*2*5000*2080133827#
2. Then you will be presented with the choice to pick the beneficiary bank. Just select the number corresponding to the beneficiary bank.
3. Enter the last 4 digits of your Naira MasterCard number.
4. And then press Send.
5. Wait for the next few minutes (usually less than 10 minutes) and your beneficiary will receive the transferred fund.
NOTE 1: Presently, only 5 banks (First Bank, Zenith Bank, Diamond Bank, Access Bank and UBA) are available on the *737* transfer to other banks.
NOTE 2: GTBank will charge you N110.25 for this transaction (as at the time of writing this post).
NOTE 3: This transaction must be carried out using the phone number you register with GTBank.
NOTE 4: The account numbers used in the examples above are mine. Do remember to replace it with your own beneficiary account number.
Try this and let us know if it worked for you. Also, let us know what you think about this new feature?